Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl 2013

The 47th Super Bowl took place yesterday, Sunday, February 3, 2013, in New Orleans. The teams involved were the Baltimore Ravens and the San Fransisco 49ers. I have never been a big sports fan but since there was so much hype about the Super Bowl this year, I decided to watch it. I surprisingly enjoyed it even though I had no idea how the scoring worked. I found it extremely comical how the football players fell and jumped on each other. I was not initially rooting for any team in particular but I finally decided to root for the Ravens because they are located in the east coast and their colors (purple and gold) are my favorite. The half-time show was amazing; Beyonce looked gorgeous. It was also nice to see Destinys Child together again. A while after the half-time show, there was a power surge in the stadium for over half an hour! The reporters said that the 49ers had a similar problem when playing against the Seattle Seahawks in December of last year. After the power came back on the 49ers started catching up, but in the end they were unable to defeat the Ravens. The score is 34-31 (Ravens - 49ers).

No comments: