Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lunar New Year

The fifteen day long Lunar New Year started a couple of days ago on Sunday, February 10, 2013. I usually work on Sundays but since it was the first day of the Lunar New Year, I had that day off. I woke up pretty early that day, at 7:45am. We started the day by having a dish my mother prepared the night before the new year, which was vegetarian delight. We then took off to the Buddhist temple, Gong Ming Ge, to pray as we do every year. By the time we got there the line was outrageously long, but we still lined up. We must have waited for over an hour because my toes were literally freezing! When we finally got into the temple there were a ton of people. We waited in line to get more vegetarian delight and ate it there. When we were done, I had to use the bathroom really badly so we headed over to my grandmother's place. We treated it as our new year visit to her. We stayed there for about 20-30 minutes to chat. After we left, I bought a couple of the fake firecracker bombs for my sister and I to play in Chinatown. There were so many people playing with them; the streets were trashed with confetti. We did not stay too long because it was way to crowded. We started to head home when we were done and on our way my sister wanted Popeyes lol. When we got home my family pretty much relaxed for the rest of the night. I, on the other hand, went out with my fiance to have dinner at TGI Fridays. That is slowly becoming our favorite restaurant to dine in. I ordered a salad because I was still full from all the food I've been eating throughout the day; John ordered his usual bleu cheese burger. I also realized the Grammy Awards was on that day and we were able to catch the first hour and a half of the show at the dinner. Overall, it was a great day :)

No comments: